Will I lose my offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Will I lose my offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:15 pm

When I was younger, I defaulted on student loans and a credit card account, and had a phone and medical account in collections. A few years ago, I got my financial house in order, and got everything current, nothing in default, all collections paid.

Or so I thought. I was told my firm would run a credit report, so I got my free credit report today. It turns out there was an old medical account from years ago that I had forgotten about, and it finally made its way to a collection agency. It's only for a few hundred dollars. Of course, I immediately contacted the debt collection agency and paid in full.

The problem is that they say it will take 30 days to be removed from my account. The firm is asking to run my credit now. Should I just let them run it? Or should I talk to the recruiter about this issue? Should I make a notation on my credit report saying that item is in the process of being removed? How bad is this?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Will I lose my offer?

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Let the firm recruiter know. Whether or not your job offer will be withdrawn is up to the hiring partner or partners. Other than paying off any & all outstanding debts, there isn't much that you can do about it now, in my opinion.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:14 pm

No.

Nomo

Silver

Post by Nomo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Nope.

Just tell them that when you ran your own report you found this medical bill you didn't know about. This could happen to anybody. No one is going to care that much about a $300 medical bill that you forgot to pay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”