Grade drop to no offer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Grade drop to no offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
KidStuddi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
mvp99 wrote:does your firm even asks for your transcript at the end of the summer? some don't care enough to ask

My v5 had us sign over that they can pull our transcripts whenever they want back in the Fall.

I've never even heard of this before. You should go ahead and out the firm, IMO. That's pretty good intel on grade sensitivity that might actually impact someone's decision in a non-specious way.

I think my firm did this but I can't remember. I thought that was par for the course that you signed a release for them?

I'm the anon who said about my v5. Talking to my friends at other top firms, I think this is normal. It's just a waiver for them to access our transcripts directly from our school. I have no idea if they pull them or how often, just seemed like a piece of paperwork necessary to facilitate paperwork on their end.

Also, like someone mentioned, at a v10 100% firm they are only really concerned about really bad ATL worthy tomfoolery. They aren't looking to take the reputation hit for a grade drop.

Anonymous User

Re: Grade drop to no offer?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Just signed papers for a V50 that included a transcript release form.

Return to “Legal Employment”