Too Early to Apply for 2L Summer?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too Early to Apply for 2L Summer?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Quick question for the experts:

I know its finals time, and I should be studying (and I am), but is it too early to apply for a 2L summer? Can i just reach out to firms now and send them my resume and transcript from my 1st semester (especially if im afraid I won't do as well this semester)

quick background: I have a judicial clerkship and a 1LSA at a bigfirm

sesto elemento

Re: Too Early to Apply for 2L Summer?

Postby sesto elemento » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Send your ug transcript in place of your second semester grades.

Yukos

Re: Too Early to Apply for 2L Summer?

Postby Yukos » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Quick question for the experts:

I know its finals time, and I should be studying (and I am), but is it too early to apply for a 2L summer? Can i just reach out to firms now and send them my resume and transcript from my 1st semester (especially if im afraid I won't do as well this semester)

quick background: I have a judicial clerkship and a 1LSA at a bigfirm

They're almost certainly going to ask for an updated transcript before they interview you, so I doubt your strategy is going to work. I would say worry about this over the summer, when you should have plenty of free time to be sending out apps. Also, if you already have a clerkship (has clerkship hiring really moved up that early already?) then I doubt you have anything to worry about on the biglaw front, so just focus on finals for now.

Return to “Legal Employment”