Legal Publications on Resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Vursz

Legal Publications on Resume

Postby Vursz » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi all, 1L here about to head into the OCI meat-grinder. I've had a bit of luck publishing in law reviews (I'm K-JD): currently I'm at two full-length articles and a book note, all in different journals.

Naturally, I don't want to look too overtly "academic" to employers, but in the past I've had interesting conversations with employers about the publications I've listed. Anyone have any suggestions regarding how best to highlight - but not over-highlight - these in a resume format?

PvblivsScipio

Re: Legal Publications on Resume

Postby PvblivsScipio » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:12 pm

I'd just add a "publications" and a "works in progress" (if applicable) section.

eriedoctrine

Postby eriedoctrine » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:13 pm

PvblivsScipio wrote:I'd just add a "publications" and a "works in progress" (if applicable) section.

This

jangag

Postby jangag » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Be a boss and justify a 2 page resume with a publications section. Remember, resumes for law students are supposed to be 1 page. Unless you are a BOSS, call it a CV, and have enough legit things to make it 2 pages. Or be a super BOSS and make it 3 pages. Page 1 - grades, book awards, academic honors. 2 - legal employment, 3 - Publications!!!!! Hope this helps, I'm currently at a Resume with 4 legit lines and tons of fluff.

Return to “Legal Employment”