small-time state court internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

small-time state court internship

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 pm

What's the view on interning in a municipal court? My home state is shitty and most judges don't take on interns at all, but I've been offered a municipal court internship, largely helping with traffic court, bond hearings and the like. Also have an upcoming phone interview with a state supreme court justice, although they don't normally take interns. Also waiting back on small/mid law firms.

zombie mcavoy

Re: small-time state court internship

Postby zombie mcavoy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:30 pm

I know the standard TLS logic is all non-paying legal jobs are equivalent for 1L, but helping at traffic court doesn't sound like it will allow for many interesting stories at OCI. I think you should force the issue with intermediate cts of appeal if you don't get an internship with this supreme court judge. Contact the circuit's law clerk if the judges don't respond to you. Be clear that you do not expect pay, have your own research subscription, and are not doing this for school credit or anything that will require work on their part.

Return to “Legal Employment”