Incoming 1st Years - When's Your Start Date?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Start Date is

July
3%
Aug
17%
Sept
51%
Oct
22%
Nov
5%
Dec
2%

Total votes: 63

Hutz_and_Goodman

Re: Incoming 1st Years - When's Your Start Date?

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:06 pm

orangecup wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:still waiting on start date. anyone else?

Yep...

Would it be awkward to ask the firm for a date? I'm trying to plan a vacation for august or September and it really will depend when work starts. I talked to them in march and they gave me a tentative date and said announcement would be "soon," but it's been crickets since then.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Dallas office of one of TX Big 3 - October 5 start date

orangecup

Postby orangecup » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
orangecup wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:still waiting on start date. anyone else?

Yep...

Would it be awkward to ask the firm for a date? I'm trying to plan a vacation for august or September and it really will depend when work starts. I talked to them in march and they gave me a tentative date and said announcement would be "soon," but it's been crickets since then.

Go for it. I've asked legal personnel and recruiting in the past and it wasn't awkward.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:03 pm

orangecup wrote:Seriously, nothing wrong with watching TV and playing videogames all day for 2 months. Not like you'll have much time to do it once you start working.

I didn't start until right around Halloween in my year. Literally spend 2 months having fun, travelling, reading books, playing video games, going out with friends, and enjoying myself. After the stress of constant bar studying, it was SOOO much fun. And now that I'm practicing, I wish I could just do one month per year to just relax and unwind like the Europeans pretty much all do. It heals the mind in an invaluable way.

Return to “Legal Employment”