Consequences of reneging on small firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Consequences of reneging on small firm

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm a 2L who just accepted a position for the summer with a small firm right near my school which is a T1 regional school in the south. Because of how close to the summer it was getting I accepted their offer right away. Today however another firm called me for a callback and this firm would pay more and also has a greater chance and turning into a fulltime offer for when I graduate. I should take the second interview with this firm right and if I got an offer there reneg with the small firm. I would feel bad but this seems like it would make the most career sense. It might all not matter since I might not get this new offer after the callback anyway but I wanted to post this and seek a second opinion and see if there is anything else I am not thinking about. Thanks in advance.

wwwcol

Re: Consequences of reneging on small firm

Postby wwwcol » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:51 pm

I think you've got it right. Don't be afraid to renege if that would be better for you in the long term. There is a long line of people whom the small firm could find to replace you.

Return to “Legal Employment”