How to get get a permanent job offer after 2L summer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawstudentXYZ

How to get get a permanent job offer after 2L summer

Postby LawstudentXYZ » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:35 pm

I am working for a small-midsize law firm who will not hire all of their summer associates. The firm emphasis a need to hire future attorneys that are entrepreneurial/can bring in new clients for the firm. However, they don't expect that you bring in business as a summer associate. So how can I show them, without overstepping, that I have that quality so that I am one of the few clerks that gets a permanent offer? Thanks!

smith

Re: How to get get a permanent job offer after 2L summer

Postby smith » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:44 pm

sleep with the bosses kid

User outed for anon abuse.

bearsfan23

Re: How to get get a permanent job offer after 2L summer

Postby bearsfan23 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:39 pm

thesealocust wrote:A small child and its parents enter a seafood restaurant. While waiting to place their order, the child goes up to a glass tank filled with various sea creatures, and begins pointing at them in amazement. The child names one of the lobsters Karl, because it seemed to float closer to the class when the kid put its face against it.

When it came time for dinner, one of the child's parents attempted to select Karl for their entree. But the child objected strongly, protesting that they couldn't eat Karl. So a different lobster was chosen.

Your goal is to be the named lobster.

They need to know your name so that when the time comes, they hesitate and decide to feed somebody else to their children.

You must become Karl.

Return to “Legal Employment”