Why do you like Big law?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dood

Re: Why do you like Big law?

Postby dood » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:03 pm

$$$

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What about the houston BigLaw culture?

From the little I have seen, there is more of a face time requirement for corporate than litigation. I would love to hear other opinions though. Still seems to have a more laid back culture than the NYC firm. But Houston corporate has also been swamped recently.

MidW13

Postby MidW13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:56 pm

1. Money

2. Money

3. Do whatever I want whenever I want as long as work gets done.

4. $$$$

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a first year, so the newness hasn't worn off. I really like most of the work I've done so far. Of course, there are tedious things, but I've gotten a fair amount of "we want x, get me a research memo on how, and go draft the motion/brief/etc." Those assignments are my favorite. I feel like I'm actually using my brain and doing what I always pictured I'd be doing.

I also work for a really great office and group of partners. For the most part, my assignments have only come from partners. They've been very willing to hear my ideas about strategy, let me do most of the drafting (well, the first shot at the drafting), and have been quick to offer feedback. The feedback has been most good, but still helpful when it's negative. No one in my group yells or reams people out (that I've experienced/heard about), which is a plus. Also, most people seem to actually like what they do. It helps.

Can I send you my resume

Return to “Legal Employment”