Shitigators Anonymous

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
los blancos

Re: Shitigators Anonymous

Postby los blancos » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
That was true before and after this recent freak out and is baked into my considerations already. My question is, for someone in my position who won't begin practice until 2017 at the earliest (given the clerkship and possibility of a second for 2017), is this downturn something that I should be taking into account? A different way to put it is, to what extent is this a long-term and structural thing? Is it going to have a disproportionate effect on different kinds of firms (e.g. a Goodwin as opposed to a V20 that is better known for litigation practice than corporate)?

It obviously depends on what the priorities in your life are. I'd like to think that with V20 + Cir Clerkship, there's likely going to be a place for you somewhere somehow in lit wherever you end up and however the market is. But it may not be quite as lucrative and not as easy to move around.

I mean, I'd give up almost anything to be in your position (the big name firm and big name clerkship), but that's because I couldn't care less about money and genuinely enjoy litigation and with your credentials govt might well be an option if you play your cards right. But if money and options is what you want more than anything else, then maybe corporate is the way to go.

smallfirmassociate

Postby smallfirmassociate » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:15 pm

baal hadad wrote:
Cogburn87 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:And when I say "write really well," I mean how to turn out briefs that read like freakin' George RR Martin novels.

What does this mean? Write briefs that read like bloated travelogues where no one ever actually reaches the destination they set out for?

Write briefs which make incest a major plot element

Include regular sex scenes in your briefs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 pm

im just hoaping that life sci patent lit never goes out of style

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:58 pm

baal hadad wrote:
Cogburn87 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:And when I say "write really well," I mean how to turn out briefs that read like freakin' George RR Martin novels.

What does this mean? Write briefs that read like bloated travelogues where no one ever actually reaches the destination they set out for?

Write briefs which make incest a major plot element

And freakin everyone dies or is horribly maimed (then killed).

Return to “Legal Employment”