2015 Loyola Patent Law Interview Program - unofficial thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2015 Loyola Patent Law Interview Program - unofficial thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 pm

A friend of mine has a K&E NYC CB. Hope this helps on the NYC front

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:57 pm

Quinn CB for NY

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Any movements from 3Ls?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Has anyone heard from the following:
Klarquist
FBDaniels
P&G
KPPB
Shook

Thanks for the help and good luck to all

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from the following:
Klarquist
FBDaniels
P&G
KPPB
Shook

Thanks for the help and good luck to all

P&G is having a meeting August 18 to discuss
I don't get that timeline but oh well

yosup

Postby yosup » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:29 pm

faintbeam wrote:
yosup wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
yosup wrote:I've received 14 pre-selects from PLIP, all of which are the ones that I'm highly interested. Problem is: PLIP only used the first semester (I'm a rising 2L) grades for deciding on pre-selects, and my grades plummet during the 2nd semester (now top 25% rank at a top 10 school) so I don't know if those awesome firms after seeing my 2nd semester grades at the screener interview would still be interested in giving me any callbacks. So I'm thinking whether I should include those 14 firms on my OCI bidding list? Would that give me a second chance to be considered for any interviews? Yes, I have a strong technical background.

Thanks!

Are you saying your grades "plummeted" such that you are now top quarter at a T14?...

Regardless, if you don't get the CB from Chicago after your "plummeted" grades, take the hint and let a classmate use the OCI slot, bc it won't do you any good. If a firm didn't extend a CB after a tech-oriented fair, why would the same firm extend a CB later from OCI?

Thank you very much! Our school does not really give out ranks so I don't know exactly what rank I'm holding. I only have a vague sense of it based on the four categories of GPA ranges that our CSO put us into for bidding strategy purposes (and I assume each category roughly correlates to a quarter of the rankings...?)

I think I'm not quite confident bc I just don't have any idea what's the pool of candidates with similar backgrounds attending PLIP this year. I have a master's degree in Biomedical Sciences and three years of working experience in a biotech company (midsize one, not any of those big names such as Merck or Eli Lily). I've heard that quite some ppl having PHDs in Biology are looking for IP positions as well...

There's always a decent number of people with PhDs at PLIP, particularly in the life sciences. It's highly preferred at a lot of firms, if not a requirement. Either that or a grad degree with work experience, which you have. So don't let that get your confidence down.

Thank you! As of today I've got 2 rejections and 4 callbacks, and waiting for the result of the other 9 interviews there. Crossing my fingers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:30 pm

White & Case DC Ding via email

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:32 pm

yosup wrote:
faintbeam wrote:
yosup wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
yosup wrote:I've received 14 pre-selects from PLIP, all of which are the ones that I'm highly interested. Problem is: PLIP only used the first semester (I'm a rising 2L) grades for deciding on pre-selects, and my grades plummet during the 2nd semester (now top 25% rank at a top 10 school) so I don't know if those awesome firms after seeing my 2nd semester grades at the screener interview would still be interested in giving me any callbacks. So I'm thinking whether I should include those 14 firms on my OCI bidding list? Would that give me a second chance to be considered for any interviews? Yes, I have a strong technical background.

Thanks!

Are you saying your grades "plummeted" such that you are now top quarter at a T14?...

Regardless, if you don't get the CB from Chicago after your "plummeted" grades, take the hint and let a classmate use the OCI slot, bc it won't do you any good. If a firm didn't extend a CB after a tech-oriented fair, why would the same firm extend a CB later from OCI?

Thank you very much! Our school does not really give out ranks so I don't know exactly what rank I'm holding. I only have a vague sense of it based on the four categories of GPA ranges that our CSO put us into for bidding strategy purposes (and I assume each category roughly correlates to a quarter of the rankings...?)

I think I'm not quite confident bc I just don't have any idea what's the pool of candidates with similar backgrounds attending PLIP this year. I have a master's degree in Biomedical Sciences and three years of working experience in a biotech company (midsize one, not any of those big names such as Merck or Eli Lily). I've heard that quite some ppl having PHDs in Biology are looking for IP positions as well...

There's always a decent number of people with PhDs at PLIP, particularly in the life sciences. It's highly preferred at a lot of firms, if not a requirement. Either that or a grad degree with work experience, which you have. So don't let that get your confidence down.

Thank you! As of today I've got 2 rejections and 4 callbacks, and waiting for the result of the other 9 interviews there. Crossing my fingers.

Can you update what firms were rejections and which were callbacks?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:46 pm

3 CBs 1 Ding, and waiting to hear from 4 more.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:48 pm

White & Case (DC) - email ding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:59 pm

I received an Axinn CB during my interview and was told by my interviewer I would receive more information regarding the call back. However, I haven't heard from Axinn since the screener. Has anyone heard from them?

DokHolliday

Postby DokHolliday » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3 CBs 1 Ding, and waiting to hear from 4 more.

Who have you heard from?

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an Axinn CB during my interview and was told by my interviewer I would receive more information regarding the call back. However, I haven't heard from Axinn since the screener. Has anyone heard from them?

Same with me and vedder price. Anyone?

bearsfan23

Postby bearsfan23 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:24 pm

BaberhamLincoln wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received an Axinn CB during my interview and was told by my interviewer I would receive more information regarding the call back. However, I haven't heard from Axinn since the screener. Has anyone heard from them?

I had the same situation with Vedder last year. I received the callback information, strangely enough, via regular mail about a week later. So just fyi, make sure you're checking your mail

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:33 pm

One of the previous posters - I received an email a few hours after the interview from a recruiter at the firm. I would check spam / any other folders you sort mail into. If nothing, wait like another day and check physical mail, then just contact the interviewer directly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:39 pm

DokHolliday wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3 CBs 1 Ding, and waiting to hear from 4 more.

Who have you heard from?

OP here: Goodwin Proctor (NYC) MW&E (Boston) Axinn (NYC)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Dinged from MW&E (Chicago) by email and Knobbe (OC) CB about an hour ago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Also MWE ding by email. And Vedder Price ding by mail. He wasn't kidding about the firm being conservative.

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:16 am

bearsfan23 wrote:
BaberhamLincoln wrote:

I had the same situation with Vedder last year. I received the callback information, strangely enough, via regular mail about a week later. So just fyi, make sure you're checking your mail

Thank you to Bears
Can vouch bears was right - check your mail

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Kaye SV cb

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:35 pm

K&E Chicago CB

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:42 pm

faegre baker daniels rejection by email :(

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 am

Is anyone going to do OCI in addition to having done PLIP? Or anyone who did this last year?

Need moral support

Can't. Go. On.

Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy

DFTHREAD

Postby Desert Fox » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:17 am

Last edited by Desert Fox on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:50 am

K&E (Chicago)
Latham (Chicago)
Knobbe Martens (SF)
Kilpatrick (SF)

Return to “Legal Employment”