USAO Southern District of FL v. Small Boutique Firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USAO Southern District of FL v. Small Boutique Firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:54 pm

So I am a 1L slightly above the curve at a T20 and was offered a position in the USAO. This is an unpaid position but the experience is great. I requested to work in the civil section.

My other option is to work at a small boutique law firm specializing in real estate law (HOA represention) $10/hr

Which would be the better option for me if I am interested in going into transactional business law after law school in Miami?
should I take the money or the government job?

is there any prestige associated with working in the USAO as a 1L?

KD35

Re: USAO Southern District of FL v. Small Boutique Firm

Postby KD35 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 pm

I would vote the $$$. My understanding is that the first summer really won't define your future, rather you only need to make sure you have a legal job. And since you don't want to go USAO, then no reason to do a summer unpaid there.

transferror

Re: USAO Southern District of FL v. Small Boutique Firm

Postby transferror » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 pm

KD35 wrote:I would vote the $$$. My understanding is that the first summer really won't define your future, rather you only need to make sure you have a legal job. And since you don't want to go USAO, then no reason to do a summer unpaid there.

This is correct. Pay them bills.

Return to “Legal Employment”