Summer Associate Headshot

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which kind of headshot?

Professional Headshots
31%
Have Girlfriend Take a Picture at Home
69%

Total votes: 55

threecharacters

Re: Summer Associate Headshot

Postby threecharacters » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:49 pm

What if your firm is requesting an electronic copy of your passport-sized photo? Do places that take cheap headshots do this? I could email the recruiting person a cropped photo of myself but (i) I'm not sure if it complies with the dimensions/dpi specs for a passport-sized photo and (ii) I don't want to look unprofessional.

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:22 pm

I just got an artist in Central Park to sketch a picture for me, and I scanned it into i-photo. It was an accurate drawing, and the only downside was everyone in the office thiught I rode a tricycle, because I was riding a tricycle in the sketch. I acquired the nickname "tri-guy", but other than that it was no problem.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got an artist in Central Park to sketch a picture for me, and I scanned it into i-photo. It was an accurate drawing, and the only downside was everyone in the office thiught I rode a tricycle, because I was riding a tricycle in the sketch. I acquired the nickname "tri-guy", but other than that it was no problem.

A similar thing happened to me

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got an artist in Central Park to sketch a picture for me, and I scanned it into i-photo. It was an accurate drawing, and the only downside was everyone in the office thiught I rode a tricycle, because I was riding a tricycle in the sketch. I acquired the nickname "tri-guy", but other than that it was no problem.

OMG it happened to me,too.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Why are there so many anonymous responses?

SFrost

Postby SFrost » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:54 am

My firm requested a low pixel count passport-style photo.

However, my prestige is in my chiseled features, so I sent a flashdrive (SanDisk in custom case, for extra prestige) with a 1 gigabyte ultra-high-resolution 1 minute exposure backlit photo with infrared overlay. I recommend a serious look (not a smile) that demonstrates deep legal analysis. Smiling is for Walmart greeters.

Firms will be impressed by redefining the way photos are handled. You're an SA, not a secretary. Go there to lead.

twenty 8

Postby twenty 8 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:54 pm

We all had photos taken for our firm’s web page but this is the first time I’ve heard of a firm wanting a photo for their staff directory. We are talking thumbnail shots, right?

deng

Postby deng » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”