Potential C&F issue

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Potential C&F issue

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Posting anon for obvious reasons.

When applying to law school, it appears that I "may" have misstated my GPA by .02 points. I say "may" because I actually stated my average undergraduate GPA accurately. However, upon looking at my LSAC GPA, my GPA is .02 points lower than the GPA I listed on my application. Apparently this is because LSAC calculates your GPA differently than most institutions do. While the portion of the application that I completed has the .02 point higher GPA, the overall application still obviously contained the LSAC GPA because LSAC sends in your official numbers to the schools. I am a 2L and am concerned about the C&F issues that could arise from this. What should I do? Is this something to even worry about?

lawschoolftw

Re: Potential C&F issue

Postby lawschoolftw » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Posting anon for obvious reasons.

When applying to law school, it appears that I "may" have misstated my GPA by .02 points. I say "may" because I actually stated my average undergraduate GPA accurately. However, upon looking at my LSAC GPA, my GPA is .02 points lower than the GPA I listed on my application. Apparently this is because LSAC calculates your GPA differently than most institutions do. While the portion of the application that I completed has the .02 point higher GPA, the overall application still obviously contained the LSAC GPA because LSAC sends in your official numbers to the schools. I am a 2L and am concerned about the C&F issues that could arise from this. What should I do? Is this something to even worry about?

Talk to dean at your law school and make correction on application. Shouldn't be a big deal.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:43 pm

If you used the gpa on your UG transcript, dont worry. No need to report anything.

mvp99

Postby mvp99 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:17 pm

How can this be in issue? I used my undergrad graduation GPA and not the LSAC GPA on my resume. It's not lying and the school do get your LSAC GPA (it's probably the one they really/only care about).

smallfirmassociate

Postby smallfirmassociate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:53 am

Wut? No, you shouldn't worry about it. You should worry more about whatever part of your personality leads you to believe that you should worry about this.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote: However, upon looking at my LSAC GPA, my GPA is .02 points lower than the GPA I listed on my application. [. . .] I am a 2L and am concerned about the C&F issues that could arise from this. What should I do? Is this something to even worry about?

The strangest thing about this is that you were looking at your law school applications and LSAC reports as a 2L.

lawschoolftw

Postby lawschoolftw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:43 am

lawschoolftw wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Posting anon for obvious reasons.

Talk to dean at your law school and make correction on application. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Read this wrong originally--thought you misstated your UGPA by .02. If it asked for your GPA, and you reported what your UG said your GPA was, than forget about it--this isn't a C&F issue at all.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:02 am

Not an issue at all, since you were just putting down what you thought was your true and accurate GPA. No one would ever fault you for that. I mean, you can go to records department or dean of students and make note that you addressed the issue, just to put a bow on it, but its really not necessary.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:24 pm

I don't think all states look at the application. Unless i'm reading the Michigan bar stuff incorrectly, they only ask for a "graduation certification" once you've graduated, and a "credit and Fitness" certification. It doesn't look like they request a copy of your app - maybe i missed it though.

Return to “Legal Employment”