What would you do?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What would you do?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Currently a first year ip litigator (been here 8 months). I like it enough, and can see myself doing it for the next few years but not for the very long term. I just don't see this as a personality match and kinda chose it by default (have a science degree). The practice area I want is tax (based on interest, personality, and law school performance) but would require me to switch firms because our tax group is tiny and doesn't do the work I want. What do you think? What would you do? Would you take the risk and switch areas now? Is this even possible to do? I see the partners and of counsel at my firm, and while I respect them, I can't see myself doing what they do in the future.

Re: What would you do?

Postby legends159 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:12 pm

I'd get out - you don't like it so better to leave now while you're still young and people will give you time to learn and grow. The longer you stay the harder it will be to switch practices.

Return to “Legal Employment”