Interview Question Advice Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview Question Advice

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm in what seems like the final round of interviews for a lateral position. I've met with top guy in the office I want to join, and he is having me meet the firm chairman of the dept. I would be joining (who works in the firm headquarters). At this point, I've done two rounds of interviews and answered/asked many Q's. Yet I'm sure the guy will solicit Q's from me at the interview. What would be some good Q's to ask the chairman, taking into account that I've met with a bunch of people already over multiple rounds of interviews? Don't want to sound like I'm just re-asking Q's, but also don't want to just be like "nah, I've had all my questions answered already"

Shaggier1

Silver

Re: Interview Question Advice

Post by Shaggier1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:39 pm

I would first acknowledge that you have already asked a lot of questions of others in the group and have a good sense for what it is like to practice in the group. Id then ask him about his vision for the group in the future and any other questions that only he can answer - that's the key, IMO.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:I would first acknowledge that you have already asked a lot of questions of others in the group and have a good sense for what it is like to practice in the group. Id then ask him about his vision for the group in the future and any other questions that only he can answer - that's the key, IMO.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:28 am

very good advice ^^

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”