DC plaintiffs' firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DC plaintiffs' firms

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:38 pm

I'm a 4th year commercial lit associate in DC. V50 firm, top 40% T14 (unfortunately just missed graduating with honors), no clerkship. Have gotten excellent reviews from some prominent partners and hit hours every year, so not really at risk of being canned any time soon. However, I'm considering shifting over to a plaintiffs' firm at some point - I think it might be a good fit for what I'm looking for with respect to career path and goals (plaintiffs' work, more responsibility, a shift away from the biglaw business model, etc.).

It's sort of hard to find this information, so I thought I'd ask around - what sort of plaintiffs' shops exist in DC? I know of a number of litigation boutiques in the area, but not so much firms that do exclusively plaintiffs' work. I'm obviously not COA material, so I'm realistic and not going to be looking at the cream of the crop. I'm also leery of working in a small satellite office of a firm that's based elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Return to “Legal Employment”