Longest wait re: screener and callback invitation?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Longest wait re: screener and callback invitation?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:11 pm

What's the longest wait you've heard of between a screener and a callback invitation?

I interviewed with this firm that doesn't run on an OCI hiring plan over two weeks ago. I know their callbacks are supposed to be relatively far down the road (think: April-ish) but I haven't heard anything yet.

Should I assume I've been dinged or would they not want to invite me to a callback until closer to the actual interview?

thebobs1987

Re: Longest wait re: screener and callback invitation?

Postby thebobs1987 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's the longest wait you've heard of between a screener and a callback invitation?

I interviewed with this firm that doesn't run on an OCI hiring plan over two weeks ago. I know their callbacks are supposed to be relatively far down the road (think: April-ish) but I haven't heard anything yet.

Should I assume I've been dinged or would they not want to invite me to a callback until closer to the actual interview?

I had one firm go 6 weeks from OCI to asking me for a CB. Obviously I was low on their list and that is not the norm. If their CBs go until April then I wouldn't think you have necessarily been dinged yet. I wouldn't worry about it right now, just keep applying for jobs until you get an offer somewhere

Return to “Legal Employment”