Doing a 1L Summer for Startups/Fledgling Businesses?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Indigo12

Doing a 1L Summer for Startups/Fledgling Businesses?

Postby Indigo12 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 pm

I have something hanging in the air at one of Apple/MFST/Amazon/Goog, but it's not in the bag.

I've also thought about contacting individual sports franchises or entertainment companies (like Paramount, Time Warner), but I've been slow doing that.

Anyone have any idea how they'd go about securing a job at a company that's not an established name like Apple/MFST etc? On the one hand they probably don't get much demand from 1Ls but on the other they probably don't have formal legal depts or hire 1Ls either.

I go to one of H/S so should I just pose these questions to some people in the alum network?

Anonymous User

Re: Doing a 1L Summer for Startups/Fledgling Businesses?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:00 am

Indigo12 wrote:I have something hanging in the air at one of Apple/MFST/Amazon/Goog, but it's not in the bag.

I've also thought about contacting individual sports franchises or entertainment companies (like Paramount, Time Warner), but I've been slow doing that.

Anyone have any idea how they'd go about securing a job at a company that's not an established name like Apple/MFST etc? On the one hand they probably don't get much demand from 1Ls but on the other they probably don't have formal legal depts or hire 1Ls either.

I go to one of H/S so should I just pose these questions to some people in the alum network?

the big entertainment companies usually have fixed programs, not sure what the deadlines for those are.

if you're at S you should be golden - yes, just email alums or 2L/3Ls who've interned at those sort of places.

Return to “Legal Employment”