In house internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
umichman

In house internship

Postby umichman » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm

at Fortune 500 corps do they pay 1l legal interns? How much is usual?

Anonymous User

Re: In house internship

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:11 pm

umichman wrote:at Fortune 500 corps do they pay 1l legal interns? How much is usual?

I had one at a Fortune 10 in NYC and pay was around 1500/week for a 12 week internship. Not SA pay, but a hell of a lot better than 0 and the name recognition of the company i think helped in interviews - not for sure, but always talked about it in my firm interviews. Plus the company GC set me up with interviews with V10-20 firms which don't recruit from my school but he knew.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
umichman wrote:at Fortune 500 corps do they pay 1l legal interns? How much is usual?

I had one at a Fortune 10 in NYC and pay was around 1500/week for a 12 week internship. Not SA pay, but a hell of a lot better than 0 and the name recognition of the company i think helped in interviews - not for sure, but always talked about it in my firm interviews. Plus the company GC set me up with interviews with V10-20 firms which don't recruit from my school but he knew.

How late in the cycle did you secure this in house position? Did they want your grades?

BizBro

Postby BizBro » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

How late in the cycle did you secure this in house position? Did they want your grades?

Interested in this.

LouisXIV

Postby LouisXIV » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:23 pm

BizBro wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Interested in this.

I had a prorated salary at $2000/week for 12 wks. I applied for mine in the beginning of March. Interviewed in mid-march. Received an offer in beginning of April. The process moved quickly. They asked for grades during the initial screening process before the the phone interviews while they were still culling applications.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 am

BizBro wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Interested in this.

I think i landed this by late march - applied in late January. Never asked for transcript, but GPA was on my resume. I think it mattered somewhat, but they said it was more about interest in the industry, etc.

Process moved quick once interviewed - did a screening interview with HR, then a phone call with the GC and associate GC - offer 1 week later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:47 am

$2300/week for a F500 corporation headquartered in a low COL region. Never asked for grade.

Return to “Legal Employment”