Send a "thanks for the job note"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Send a "thanks for the job note"

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 pm

After getting an offer, shoudl you email the person who interviewed you and say thanks?

mmelittlechicken

Re: Send a "thanks for the job note"

Postby mmelittlechicken » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:41 pm

No.

eriedoctrine

Postby eriedoctrine » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:50 pm

"Thanks for the job broski. Well met!"

encore1101

Postby encore1101 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Yes. And make sure you get a tracking number. And a return receipt.

JK. Can't you just drop by their office and say hello? If not, then no, don't send a thank you note. He wasn't doing you a personal favor; he was doing what was best for the company.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:11 pm

If you made a connection with the guy, an email saying you look forward to looking together is fine. I was interviewed by a guy from my hometown and we hit it off, so I emailed him after I accepted and said hey, looking forward to working together, etc. But thank you? That seems odd.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:After getting an offer, shoudl you email the person who interviewed you and say thanks?

You should send a lengthy thank you note. And then, the next day, you should reject the offer.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:After getting an offer, shoudl you email the person who interviewed you and say thanks?

Nope.

mmelittlechicken

Postby mmelittlechicken » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:33 pm

romothesavior wrote:If you made a connection with the guy, an email saying you look forward to looking together is fine. I was interviewed by a guy from my hometown and we hit it off, so I emailed him after I accepted and said hey, looking forward to working together, etc. But thank you? That seems odd.

yeah that's perfectly fine if you guys genuinely hit it off, but thanks for the job is super weird

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:54 pm

mmelittlechicken wrote:
romothesavior wrote:If you made a connection with the guy, an email saying you look forward to looking together is fine. I was interviewed by a guy from my hometown and we hit it off, so I emailed him after I accepted and said hey, looking forward to working together, etc. But thank you? That seems odd.

yeah that's perfectly fine if you guys genuinely hit it off, but thanks for the job is super weird

Very weird, and would definitely not come off like OP wants it to.

Return to “Legal Employment”