Bar Study Location

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MrProhibition

Bar Study Location

Postby MrProhibition » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:01 am

Is there a chance to meet people during bar study (like in the classes or whatever bar study is)? I am moving to a location where I do not know anyone and am wondering if I should study where I am going to be bar-ed. The only reason that would persuade me to do this is the chance that I can make some friends in a place that I literally don't know a soul.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: Bar Study Location

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am

I think you could definitely meet people at a bar course, but I'm not sure people are really at their social best during bar study.

Avian

Postby Avian » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:43 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I think you could definitely meet people at a bar course, but I'm not sure people are really at their social best during bar study.

WHAAT?! You mean manic, anxious, stressed out people are not down to have a good time? :shock:

catinthewall

Postby catinthewall » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:55 am

MrProhibition wrote:Is there a chance to meet people during bar study (like in the classes or whatever bar study is)? I am moving to a location where I do not know anyone and am wondering if I should study where I am going to be bar-ed. The only reason that would persuade me to do this is the chance that I can make some friends in a place that I literally don't know a soul.

Totally possible to meet people while drowning in bar prep. I moved from the state of my law school to the state of my clerkship, right after graduation, and I studied for a completely different state's bar (not my law school state or my clerkship state).

How? I studied at a coffee shop 2-3 days per week and met people studying for this state's bar (not my bar), but we could definitely join in our misery together. They were easy to spot because you cannot miss those Barbri books. I'm now six months into my clerkship, and I am still friends with those guys.

Return to “Legal Employment”