2L SA secured; sign up for PLIP?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L SA secured; sign up for PLIP?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Got an upcoming 2L SA last summer at PLIP doing the kind of stuff I want to do, in a market I want to be in. I have no plans to "trade up" or look anywhere else. However, the 3L OCI at my school is non-existent, so I am a little worried about the small, but non-zero, possibility of a NOOFFER in August.

Is it a bad idea to register for PLIP? I am guessing that my SA will not be done until after interviews, but I'm wondering if there is value in

1) Having a slate of interview lined up in case it is clear that things are not going to work out
2) Having access to the resume collects

My worry is that--although I obviously won't bid on my 2L SA firm--that my name would be on some roster or something, and that would ironically undermine my chances of an offer at the 2L firm.

Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy

Re: 2L SA secured; sign up for PLIP?

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an upcoming 2L SA last summer at PLIP doing the kind of stuff I want to do, in a market I want to be in. I have no plans to "trade up" or look anywhere else. However, the 3L OCI at my school is non-existent, so I am a little worried about the small, but non-zero, possibility of a NOOFFER in August.

Is it a bad idea to register for PLIP? I am guessing that my SA will not be done until after interviews, but I'm wondering if there is value in

1) Having a slate of interview lined up in case it is clear that things are not going to work out

My worry is that--although I obviously won't bid on my 2L SA firm--that my name would be on some roster or something, and that would ironically undermine my chances of an offer at the 2L firm.

Nah I did it. I even went to the fair while my boss was there because they took 5-ever to hand out offers.

keep your options open until they give an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an upcoming 2L SA last summer at PLIP doing the kind of stuff I want to do, in a market I want to be in. I have no plans to "trade up" or look anywhere else. However, the 3L OCI at my school is non-existent, so I am a little worried about the small, but non-zero, possibility of a NOOFFER in August.

same question asked here, some people think it is not a good idea.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=243539

Spartan_Alum_12

Postby Spartan_Alum_12 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Why not register, bid, and wait until the June cancellation deadline to decide when you have a better feel of things? The only thing you would lose in that case is $35.

Return to “Legal Employment”