how to describe doc review internship on resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
victortsoi

how to describe doc review internship on resume

Postby victortsoi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:18 pm

so i got an internship where it looks like 75% of what ill be doing is doc review. Some other stuff might be thrown my way. Pays really well though. whats the best way I can describe it on my resume, and make this attractive to other firms? my current job has been saying that the software im learning is pretty essential and useful for other firm work in the future, etc...

minnbills

Re: how to describe doc review internship on resume

Postby minnbills » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:31 pm

victortsoi wrote:so i got an internship where it looks like 75% of what ill be doing is doc review. Some other stuff might be thrown my way. Pays really well though. whats the best way I can describe it on my resume, and make this attractive to other firms? my current job has been saying that the software im learning is pretty essential and useful for other firm work in the future, etc...

Keep track of the "better" assignments you get and make sure to cite them as specific examples on your resume, along with something like "used x software to perform due diligence" for the doc review. Doing doc review is fine (it's what most biglaw associates do anyway) you just want to make sure you're presenting more challenging work as well.

Return to “Legal Employment”