Part time employment for 3 months

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Law-So-Hard

Part time employment for 3 months

Postby Law-So-Hard » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi,

Just accepted an offer at a small firm. It is supposed to be part time for the first 3 months and full time afterwards. I haven't gotten final salary details about how much my pay will be during the first 3 months and then afterwards. I would love to stay with this employer but I feel nervous about my prospects. They said they liked me and didn't want to give up hiring me but it's been hard to really pinpoint and determine what my career security will be like. Also not that crazy about receiving a reduced pay for 3 months when I don't even know details about the part time rate and no details about the full time rate. But, been looking for work for a while, and was happy to accept an offer for once. Just nervous and apprehensive and it's hard to communicate with the employer over email b/c they're busy, and I usually email first and don't want to call until I get a response. I guess I could try calling instead of emailing.

Sorry for rant, but looking for feedback on this arrangement and want advice on how to be successful. Thank you.

Law-So-Hard

Re: Part time employment for 3 months

Postby Law-So-Hard » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:05 pm

bump

Return to “Legal Employment”