JPMorgan 1L SA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have they given any offers yet?


Had CB 2 weeks ago. No news since then.


They're doing more CBs this week and next. Considering there's a fixed number of positions, I wouldn't expect many offers to go out before they've interviewed all the applicants.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have they given any offers yet?


Had CB 2 weeks ago. No news since then.


They're doing more CBs this week and next. Considering there's a fixed number of positions, I wouldn't expect many offers to go out before they've interviewed all the applicants.


When I left from my CB they mentioned that they were planning to have an answer for us one way or the other within 2 weeks. That would've been yesterday, but haven't heard anything back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Did all callbacks for those at M go out today? I guess its safe to say if you didn't hear back, you're out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did all callbacks for those at M go out today? I guess its safe to say if you didn't hear back, you're out?


So can we narrow down the schools they interviewed/are interviewing at?

Penn
Columbia
Michigan
Anyone else?

Anyone know if they're looking to fill 10 spots total or 10 in both NY and Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did all callbacks for those at M go out today? I guess its safe to say if you didn't hear back, you're out?


So can we narrow down the schools they interviewed/are interviewing at?

Penn
Columbia
Michigan
Anyone else?

Anyone know if they're looking to fill 10 spots total or 10 in both NY and Chicago?


I believe it's 10 total, but would love to be wrong if someone knows differently.

Also interested in what schools they are recruiting from.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:16 am

They also interviewed at Northwestern and at the NU info session they said 10 total, 5 in NY and 5 in Chicago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:They also interviewed at Northwestern and at the NU info session they said 10 total, 5 in NY and 5 in Chicago.


Any speculation on how much this type of position pays for SA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They also interviewed at Northwestern and at the NU info session they said 10 total, 5 in NY and 5 in Chicago.


Any speculation on how much this type of position pays for SA?


I've heard of similar positions at banks pro-rating around 90k

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Has anyone from CLS heard anything since their screener?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone from CLS heard anything since their screener?

CB invite. Got the call on Wednesday. Haven't heard from anyone else though in the class - different interviewers might be more delayed?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone from CLS heard anything since their screener?

CB invite. Got the call on Wednesday. Haven't heard from anyone else though in the class - different interviewers might be more delayed?


Also got the CB call on Wednesday afternoon, and know of one other guy who did as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Did you have the female interviewer or the male interviewer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did you have the female interviewer or the male interviewer?

There were more than 2 interviewers. I had a female interviewer though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 pm

People who recently got call backs, when are they?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:People who recently got call backs, when are they?


Slated for this coming Wednesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Is the general consensus that tomorrow is the last day of CB's?

Would anyone who has a CB tomorrow be willing to share what they tell you about when they expect to make offers/final decisions?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:31 pm

did they tell any of the cbs how much they were paying?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:did they tell any of the cbs how much they were paying?


Not that I have heard, and they didn't tell me. I also didn't ask and don't know of anyone that did.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:30 pm

How many people had a CB today? Did they tell any of today's CBs what they were planning to pay?
Or timeline for final hiring decisions/offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How many people had a CB today? Did they tell any of today's CBs what they were planning to pay?
Or timeline for final hiring decisions/offers?

Probably 5-10 CBs today. No to the other questions.

Edit: If the OP is correct (that they are interviewing at 4 schools (Michigan, Northwestern, Penn and CLS)), today's round (CLS) would seem to be the last of the target schools, based on comments ITT, right? If so, I'd have to imagine we'll hear by the end of the week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Offers went out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers went out.
Already?! Didn't they just wrap up NY today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers went out.

What school?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers went out.
Already?! Didn't they just wrap up NY today?


Yeah, CLS had ~8 callbacks, all but one of which were today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: JPMorgan 1L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Offers went out.

And which office? Do you know of anyone else getting an offer?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.