What to do Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What to do

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 pm

I met two partners at a biglaw at an event last November. They loved me. We had drinks with each other the whole event (talked for around 2 hours). Both gave me cards and told me to get in touch with them in February. They said they'd take me to lunch and discuss getting me a SA position. I followed up with them in November the day after the event letting them know that it was a pleasure meeting them. They responding telling me they enjoyed meeting me also and told me to get in touch in February to get lunch. I know I can tell BS from real talk and I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting played. I emailed one of the partners (the partner I definitely had a stronger connection with) last Monday and have received no response . What are the chances this was purposely done? Should I email the other partner I met also? I was pretty shocked I didn't get a reply.

minnbills

Gold

Re: What to do

Post by minnbills » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:38 pm

He is probably just busy and hasn't had time to answer, or forgot. Don't take it personally, people are busy. Follow up on Monday.

Just make sure you are putting more irons in the fire.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”