Summering at Boies, Schiller & Flexner, but poor grades

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Assuming the summer is decent overall

Offer
50%
No-offer
50%

Total votes: 2

Anonymous User

Summering at Boies, Schiller & Flexner, but poor grades

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Anybody at a grade-selective firm can speak on this? I recently received my grades and they are below median and much below the grades shown when I was hired. Will the firm actually care?

Anonymous User

Re: Summering at Boies, Schiller & Flexner, but poor grades

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody at a grade-selective firm can speak on this? I recently received my grades and they are below median and much below the grades shown when I was hired. Will the firm actually care?

I asked the same question about my poor 2l performance vis a vis going to a grade-conscious v5. Overwhelmingly people said it doesn't matter. I'm still a bit concerned but if I do good work and show enthusiasm I'm sure it's fine.

Postby 2014 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Relatively small summer class and not a perennial 100% firm so I would be marginally more mindful of quality of work. Do not mean that to panic you, just to be realistic, you should still be fine. No one here can really accurately predict your risk with any certainty, there are like 1500 variables.

v5junior

Postby v5junior » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:41 pm

2014 wrote:Relatively small summer class and not a perennial 100% firm so I would be marginally more mindful of quality of work. Do not mean that to panic you, just to be realistic, you should still be fine. No one here can really accurately predict your risk with any certainty, there are like 1500 variables.

this

Return to “Legal Employment”