ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Do all major groups pay 160k starting for Patent/IP? Pretty sure Fish, Kilpatrick, Finnegan do.
Other major groups, off the top of my head, whom I do not know starting salary are:

K&S
A&B
Jones Day
Troutman
Sutherland
McKenna
Ballard
Paul Hastings
Morris Manning

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

Postby fats provolone » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm

no

there was a thread on exactly this subject a couple weeks ago though


Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:16 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=156536&p=8197907#p8197907


Don't think these figures are up to date.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=156536&p=8197907#p8197907


Don't think these figures are up to date.


As in, more of the firms have decided to meet the $160k that Fish and Finnegan both pay?


Also, how would any potential NY raise in the future affect IP in Atlanta? How long would it take for such a raise to propagate and (a) change the Atlanta market salary from $135k and (b) change the Atlanta IP salary from $160k?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also, how would any potential NY raise in the future affect IP in Atlanta? How long would it take for such a raise to propagate and (a) change the Atlanta market salary from $135k and (b) change the Atlanta IP salary from $160k?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: ATL Patent Pay - $160k everywhere?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, how would any potential NY raise in the future affect IP in Atlanta? How long would it take for such a raise to propagate and (a) change the Atlanta market salary from $135k and (b) change the Atlanta IP salary from $160k?


This entirely depends on the firm. Even some firms pay 160k to first year IP associate, they don't have the same lock step as NYC. Usually the salary increase is much less than NYC. And potential NY raise is only a rumor at this stage. More likely another recess is going to hit us soon.Even if it do raise in the NYC, I don't think it will have any immediate impact to ATL.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.