Leave of absence, no coursework completed-job apps?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Leave of absence, no coursework completed-job apps?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:53 pm

When applying for jobs--what do you do if you completed 90% of your first semester and then went on leave of absence? I had an emergency come up that prevented me from taking final exams. Can I put J.D. with new expected graduation year on my resume when applying for other jobs, or does that somehow violate ethical standards? Can I put my extracurricular involvement on my resume for the time I was in law school, plus the new year of graduation? My school's policy is that you can take a leave of absence before you finish your first semester if you have a personal emergency or health issue. You just start over the following year. There are no withdrawals on my transcript, however the leave will show up. I'm in the process of applying for summer internships and have no idea how to put this on my resume.

Anonymous User

Re: Leave of absence, no coursework completed-job apps?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:58 pm

By the way, I'm applying for mostly non-law internships in the public policy realm

Anonymous User

Re: Leave of absence, no coursework completed-job apps?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 am

Anyone? Would love any feedback you guys have. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Legal Employment”