Accepted 1L SA over phone but haven't heard anything since?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Accepted 1L SA over phone but haven't heard anything since?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:45 pm

I was lucky enough to get an offer for a 1L SA and I accepted over the phone last week but have not heard/received anything from the firm since. I was told to expect an email with some follow up info in the next day or two and its been over a week. I read elsewhere on TLS that if you don't have anything in writing then you don't "have a job." Should I contact them/begin to worry or am i being neurotic? Appreciate any input!

Patent2014

Re: Accepted 1L SA over phone but haven't heard anything since?

Postby Patent2014 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 pm

I would call/email them. Just mention nicely about your conversation where the offeror mentioned you'd be getting an email in the next day or two, but since you haven't received anything you just want to make sure the email wasn't accidentally sent to another address, or something like that. I wouldn't read too much into it, but I would follow-up to check in.

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 pm

I would shoot them an email (so you have it in writing) to tell them you're excited about the opportunity and ask them if there's anything they need from you. I think it's fine to get in touch if it's been over a week and they specifically said they'd get back to you in a day or two.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:02 pm

OP here. Yeah I guess I'll send an email after the weekend if I don't hear anything in the meantime. Thanks!

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

they are busy and you are important but not that important. you're fine they haven't forgotten about you, assuming this is a legit firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 pm

jbagelboy wrote:they are busy and you are important but not that important. you're fine they haven't forgotten about you, assuming this is a legit firm.

haha good to hear, thanks.

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:they are busy and you are important but not that important. you're fine they haven't forgotten about you, assuming this is a legit firm.
haha good to hear, thanks.
I believe most firms are just starting to reach out to their 2L SAs who accepted. I'm sure most of the 2Ls have had radio silence since accepting barring any holiday gifts/party invites. I would say maybe wait a few more days. They're likely just busy.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:51 am

Either that or you've fallen victim to the most malicious spoofed phone call in history.

juzam_djinn

Postby juzam_djinn » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:20 pm

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:05 pm

what if you just dreamt the phone call

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:11 pm

did the partner who gave you the offer over the phone introduce themselves as Detective John Kimble?

Return to “Legal Employment”