Corporate, Transactional, Insurance Regulatory Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Corporate, Transactional, Insurance Regulatory Law

Postby zosluu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm getting taken to lunch by a partner who is the co-chair of the regulatory, transactional, insurance regulatory practice group at his firm. He also works with joint ventures. Is there anything I can read to help educate myself on this area of law? Just some basic knowledge so I can ask some good questions

Re: Corporate, Transactional, Insurance Regulatory Law

Postby FSK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:57 pm

You could have careers in each of those 4 areas of law - they're all huge. You should ask him what his day to day is actually like, favorite kind of work, how did he choose practice groups to get here.

Re: Corporate, Transactional, Insurance Regulatory Law

Postby North » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:00 am

He's not going to administer an exam dude. Just be normal, ask questions, and act (or be, preferably) genuinely interested in what he does every day. You're there to learn something and figure out if you might be interested in doing that sort of work.

Return to “Legal Employment”