Finding law firm job in Midwest as 3L Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Finding law firm job in Midwest as 3L

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:35 pm

So, I am a 3L, go to CLS/NYU and have accepted an offer to go to a very large law firm's corporate department here in the city after graduation,.

For personal reasons, I may now want to return to my home market in the Midwest (a city where there are probably like 40 real biglaw SA spots total). Are the chances basically zero that I might be able to land a biglaw firm job there?

I have decent credentials: I was around top 10% my 1L year, and on Law Review. My grades have slipped since then, where I'm basically like median my 2L and 3L years. But my main fear is that basically there are no spots left. I guess I would clerk even though I'm not very interested in litigation, but the ship feels like it's sailed on that as well. Any advice appreciated.

Return to “Legal Employment”