Google Legal Internships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Google Legal Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 am

Does anybody know about google's internship program for law students? There is surprisingly little information about what the program consists of, if they hire people afterwards for FT gigs, or if the interns leave google with improved job prospects, etc.

Basically I have a big law SA gig for next summer but just got an interview for google? I'd be crazy not to take the interview and try to get the job right?

hdunlop

Re: Google Legal Internships

Postby hdunlop » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 am

One spoke on a panel here. From what I remember: Lots of work, varies depending on your spot from contact stuff to privacy stuff to national security/law enforcement query response. Think they have a policy shop in D.C. No job at the end but fantastic stories for OCI. Maybe there's a job if you do it 2L? This guy didn't.

Kratos

Postby Kratos » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody know about google's internship program for law students? There is surprisingly little information about what the program consists of, if they hire people afterwards for FT gigs, or if the interns leave google with improved job prospects, etc.

Basically I have a big law SA gig for next summer but just got an interview for google? I'd be crazy not to take the interview and try to get the job right?

take the interview and get all your questions answered. and if you get an offer then decide.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:20 am

If this is for 2L summer, there's no reason to waste time on the interview. They do not turn into full time jobs at the end and turning down a summer associateship for an internship with no full time job placement is extremely foolish. Getting hired at Google requires several years of experience at a top firm or relevant federal agency--there's no entry level legal hiring. If this is for 1L, I'd still take the summer associate position due to better pay and return prospects, but if you are really interested in tech I could see a logical reason to take the Google internship instead.

Return to “Legal Employment”