Big law postsecret

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Big Shrimpin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:53 pm

JusticeJackson wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:When the office lights automatically turn off at 3AM, I often think about how great it would have been to have worked in retail.


Where I'm at, it's the computers re-booting at 2:30 am. Sometimes it's the subtle hint I need to go home. Other times it means that I'm going to lose 15 minutes of precious time to finish whatever emergency project I'm missing out on my kid's childhood for.


ya comps get weird around 3AM, too



I like to think that gremlins inhabit the machines and fuck everything up in the early morning hours before the partners arrive, demanding hard-copy drafts by 8AM.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Worker and Parasite » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Every time I work past two I get angry and take a box of k cups


This killed me

User avatar
JohannDeMann
Posts: 13831
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby JohannDeMann » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Every time I work past two I get angry and take a box of k cups


This killed me


this is also another secret - being a habitual line stepper isnt a thing because even if i got fired id just unemployment and take a vacation and find something enjoyable to do with my life.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:associate told me she does doc review while watching tv (including game of thrones)


uh i did this all day yesterday

i'm gonna go home in 10 mins

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm

I think the judge I work for is not smart and also a total jerk.

911 crisis actor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby 911 crisis actor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:33 pm

If I have a dream about work I bill the client for it when I wake up

911 crisis actor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby 911 crisis actor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:47 pm

I tell cab drivers to take the FDR every single time, even though it is actually slower

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Cobretti » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:15 pm

911 crisis actor wrote:If I have a dream about work I bill the client for it when I wake up

Do you bill in real-time or inceptionesque dream-time?

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby fats provolone » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:27 pm

good point .1 in real time could be like 90 hours in dream time

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Sometimes I would roam from conference room to conference room looking for leftover food from random meetings.

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby MarkRenton » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sometimes I would roam from conference room to conference room looking for leftover food from random meetings.


I feel bad cause I'm fighting the minimum wage office support staff for the left over sandwiches. On one hand, half of them are legit hungry and need the food. On the other hand, I'm working until 10pm and will get hungry--and I have no sympathy or empathy for anyone who gets to go home at 5.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:55 pm

I don't use the IRS "legal disclaimer" in my e-mail signature because I think it's stupid.

KidStuddi
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby KidStuddi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:I don't use the IRS "legal disclaimer" in my e-mail signature because I think it's stupid.


Yeah what is that shit and why do people have it? I've never even taken the time to read it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:44 am

KidStuddi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't use the IRS "legal disclaimer" in my e-mail signature because I think it's stupid.


Yeah what is that shit and why do people have it? I've never even taken the time to read it.


It's the Circular 230 disclosure, applicable to tax opinions and advice. As of last year, it's actually not required anymore.

lawschoolftw
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Big law postsecret

Postby lawschoolftw » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
KidStuddi wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't use the IRS "legal disclaimer" in my e-mail signature because I think it's stupid.


Yeah what is that shit and why do people have it? I've never even taken the time to read it.


It's the Circular 230 disclosure, applicable to tax opinions and advice. As of last year, it's actually not required anymore.


Also, as I understand it, it was never actually
Required as part of some standard form disclosure irrespective of the content of the email.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.