USAO v. Legal Aid for summer - feedback upperclass students? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USAO v. Legal Aid for summer - feedback upperclass students?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Hello:

Want to hear from TLS...a quick list of points or reflections from past interns at similar offices would be much appreciated.
I have to respond by the end of this week.

Details:
Both unpaid, 10 week positions in the geographical area I wish to live/work long term
Housing costs = zero,
transportation costs/ food costs covered by a summer grant from my law school
my long term goals include health care law litigation (admin-law, regulation compliance type stuff) and hopefully long term counsel for a major hospital

Offer 1: USAO
Offer 2: Legal Aid Civil(health-related)

Anonymous User

Re: USAO v. Legal Aid for summer - feedback upperclass students?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:46 pm

I worked at one of the major USAO offices this past summer. I would take it because your interests could change and having the USAO on your resume is conventionally looked at favorably across-the-board imo. Also, some USAO offices like to see USAO intern experience in the past, which could help if you decide to go after one of those "unicorn" jobs someday.

If none of that sounds interesting to you, then go legal aid, no wrong choice here. congrats on the options

Anonymous User

Re: USAO v. Legal Aid for summer - feedback upperclass students?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I worked at one of the major USAO offices this past summer. I would take it because your interests could change and having the USAO on your resume is conventionally looked at favorably across-the-board imo. Also, some USAO offices like to see USAO intern experience in the past, which could help if you decide to go after one of those "unicorn" jobs someday.

If none of that sounds interesting to you, then go legal aid, no wrong choice here. congrats on the options

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. Will certainly take this into consideration.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”