Networking event etiquette Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
El Principe

Silver

Re: Networking event etiquette

Post by El Principe » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sibling went to Harvard Business School and they gave students cards, which they were encouraged to use. I have my own business and do a lot of consulting (worked in industry for 6 years) so I'm used to carrying them. Any attorney who laughs at someone for having business cards is a total nerd and has probably never worked outside a law firm.
To be fair though, most of the students at Harvard Business School have truly substantial work experience and/or have already created their own start up, so depending on who's on the other side of that convo, a person receiving a card from a HBS student might get as much benefit in a professional relationship as the student who handed out the card.

You gotta understand, a lot of people in business schools are sharks, whereas even the best law students will need to be coddled as they adjust to the differences between whatever the hell they did before LS, LS, and real practice.

My 2 cents.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:15 pm

AS A JD/MBA,

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:17 pm

fats provolone wrote:AS A JD/MBA,
:lol: :lol: :lol:

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 pm

It would be weird if some law student handed me a business card. Both because what's the point, you're a law student and because kid, I do not have time to follow up with you - if you want to talk more, you can find me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”