From Law to Teaching

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bearsfan23

Re: From Law to Teaching

Postby bearsfan23 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Last edited by bearsfan23 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:18 pm

bearsfan23 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Between social work and teaching, which is less glutted? Which is more likely to lead to a FTLT jerb? I need to figure out a plan if my C&F sh*t doesn't work out.

I can't speak for teaching, but as both of my parents are social workers, I can assure you the job market for social workers is absolutely awful right now. There's really just an overall lack of funding for social work positions, and in many cases social workers are the first to go/see their numbers reduced.

I'm guessing teaching is more favorable, but other people know better obviously

Is social work as hopelessly glutted/saturated as the law? I don't hear of social work scam blogs, lol.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:46 pm

No one thinks that social work is going to be a path to riches the way that everyone (not on TLS) believes law is going to be.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:40 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:No one thinks that social work is going to be a path to riches the way that everyone (not on TLS) believes law is going to be.

I think the law school scam is nowadays pretty mainstream though. Hence the plummeting application numbers.

Return to “Legal Employment”