ticket pocket on suit

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
victortsoi

ticket pocket on suit

Postby victortsoi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:49 pm

what are everyone's thoughts on ticket pockets(third pockets) on suits? For work, for interviews? Thanks.

fats provolone

Re: ticket pocket on suit

Postby fats provolone » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:02 pm

what would you put in it? even if you're taking the train don't they all have electronic cards now?

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:07 pm

i dont put anything in any suit pocket, but I got a really nice new calvin klein suit, only started getting paranoid about the third pocket later. id definetely wear it to work, but curious about interviews.

zugzwanger

Postby zugzwanger » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm

fats provolone wrote:what would you put in it? even if you're taking the train don't they all have electronic cards now?

You could put one of those 99 cent packages of almonds from CVS in there and it definitely adds a little touch of class when you pull them out and start eating

bearsfan23

Postby bearsfan23 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:17 pm

I see no problem with wearing it to work, personally I wouldn't wear it to an interview though. I mean, most likely almost no one would notice and/or care, but its not worth being paranoid over.

If you have other suit(s) for interviews, I'd say keep it. If you're relying on it exclusively for an interview though I'd return it.

911 crisis actor

Postby 911 crisis actor » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:17 pm

Auto-ding

TheProdigal

Postby TheProdigal » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:51 pm

Minimalism is a relatively modern trend in men's suiting -- and the details of a suit make it. Ticket pockets call back to an older time in men's wear, they should hardly be a worry now. Its not like a metallic purple and lime green boutonniere.

Exception: Are you particularly short/have a short torso? If you are, you'd want to avoid ticket pockets and the additional visual division of your body.

Should you be nervous about it? No. But I'd agree with bearsfan, if its adding to your stress, don't wear it.

Buck Strickland

Postby Buck Strickland » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:09 pm

TheProdigal wrote:Minimalism is a relatively modern trend in men's suiting -- and the details of a suit make it. Ticket pockets call back to an older time in men's wear, they should hardly be a worry now. Its not like a metallic purple and lime green boutonniere.

Exception: Are you particularly short/have a short torso? If you are, you'd want to avoid ticket pockets and the additional visual division of your body.

Should you be nervous about it? No. But I'd agree with bearsfan, if its adding to your stress, don't wear it.

Didn't read your post, but wanted to give props for the tight avatar.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:39 pm

no need.

Outside a wallet, try not to carry anything in suit coat pockets, since they will eventually stretch out and It ruins the silhouette.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:51 pm

I know there is no need, I'm just wondering if it is a major screw up to walk around in. I already bought the suit

fats provolone

Postby fats provolone » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:53 pm

do you want to work in a profession where an extraneous pocket on a suit is a "major screw up"?

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:58 pm

I think we all want to be lawyers :shock:

hlsperson1111

Postby hlsperson1111 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:24 pm

You will not get dinged for having a ticket pocket on an otherwise appropriate interview suit. Pinky swear.

Return to “Legal Employment”