NY C&F Panic attack

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY C&F Panic attack

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey all, was wondering if anyone with insight on how the C&F board deals with certain C&F issues during law school.
I am currently a 2L, with a biglaw SA lines up for next summer. Over last summer, after my 1L year, I was arrested for DUI (a misdemeanor) and it was plead down to a DWAI (a traffic violation in NY). The case is over and my school has allowed me to amend my application.

Last night, I was pulled over and given a ticket for driving while operating a mobile phone (obviously another traffic violation and not a crime). Im going to have to disclose this to my school/bar as well.

Im now panicking about getting admitted to the NY Bar. These two incidents, combined with a speeding ticket during my senior year of college, are causing me some anxiety. Will I run into significant troubles during my C&F process? (Assuming my school allows me to amend my application AGAIN). Thanks for the help.

Lacepiece23

Re: NY C&F Panic attack

Postby Lacepiece23 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:33 pm

From what I heard only felonies really matter. But could be wrong.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:04 pm

Significant problems, no. PitA, you bet. Enjoy tracking down the records that you've paid the fines in full from jerkoff state employees that take pride in how slow they work.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 pm

I highly, highly doubt this will be an issue. I also wasn't aware you had to amend your application to reflect events that happened after you began law school. I too got a couple of tickets in law school, reported them to the bar (but not to my school), and was admitted without any issues.

encore1101

Postby encore1101 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 pm

When you submit your bar application, also send in a copy of your driving abstract, which you can download and print for a few bucks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully this will just be more of an embarrassment than anything

Return to “Legal Employment”