FDIC Staffing Strategy

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

FDIC Staffing Strategy

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 pm

In an email sent to all staff information was provided regarding the various divisions within the FDIC, I thought some here may be interested in notes on the Legal Division.

"Based on the that review, the number of authorized non-permanent positions will decline from 234 currently to 168 in 2015, with continuing reductions projected in 2016 and beyond"

"Current term employees will continue to have the opportunity to apply for vacant permanent positions within the Division, but those opportunities are expected to be limited."

Anonymous User

Re: FDIC Staffing Strategy

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In an email sent to all staff information was provided regarding the various divisions within the FDIC, I thought some here may be interested in notes on the Legal Division.

"Based on the that review, the number of authorized non-permanent positions will decline from 234 currently to 168 in 2015, with continuing reductions projected in 2016 and beyond"

"Current term employees will continue to have the opportunity to apply for vacant permanent positions within the Division, but those opportunities are expected to be limited."

Terrible time to be a term employee there. And I guess there won't be any hiring anytime soon.

Return to “Legal Employment”