Character & Fitness Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Philadelphia2015

Character & Fitness Question

Postby Philadelphia2015 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:09 pm

I plan to apply to sit for the NJ & PA bar. I've never been in any type of trouble, except for a minor traffic violation back in 2009 (which I paid). Originally, I was not nervous about the character and fitness ("C&F") portion of the application. However, after reviewing samples of the NJ and PA C&F questions and noticed they ask about personal finances.

Currently, I am about thirty days late on some of my credit card bills. This occurred because my significant other recently lost their job and I have been handling the finances, which I was not expecting. I recently was hired as a legal researcher and will be caught up with all of my bills by mid-January. My credit score is between 580-620. Do you believe this would be grounds for denial to the bar or cause an investigation?

Thank you in advance.

dood

Re: Character & Fitness Question

Postby dood » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 pm

no

Return to “Legal Employment”