C&F re Tax Lien

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

C&F re Tax Lien

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 pm

between law school and undergrad I worked in a different state than where I was a resident but wanted to maintain residency in my home state for tuition purposes. For that reason I filed taxes in both my home state and where I was working. Due to my confusion, when I paid my taxes in my home state the payment plan I set up was 1 month too long and they filed a tax lien against me (state wouldn't file if the plan was 3 months, I picked 4 months). Once I found out about the lien I paid it in full (this was w/in 2 months) but now on my public record/my credit report it lists a paid tax lien. Any chance this will present an issue with c&f? I'm in the process of petitioning for a "good faith" removal but who knows if that will work.

Anonymous User

Re: C&F re Tax Lien

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 pm

It wont get in the way of your admission to the bar, but unfortunately it'll come up on background checks.

Return to “Legal Employment”