When to follow up with recruiter?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When to follow up with recruiter?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Had a callback interview 2 1/2 weeks ago at a biglaw firm in a major market for a junior associate position. I thought it went really well. The firm's recruiter that set up my interview emailed me a few days later and said that there were a few other candidates the firm wanted to interview and that he would get in contact with me as soon as that happened and asked me to be patient in the process. It's been almost 2 weeks since that happened.

Is the recruiter's email a few days after the interview a good sign? When, if at all, should I follow up with the recruiter?

Anonymous User

Re: When to follow up with recruiter?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Bump

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:58 am

They didn't forget that you interviewed there. It's in their records. Read into that what you will. Don't follow up. The ball is in their court now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:58 pm

So even if they don't get back to me in a month, I shouldn't do anything? It's been 2 weeks already. What do y'all think?

postard

Postby postard » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:. . . be patient in the process. It's been almost 2 weeks since that happened.

patient =/= wait two weeks. if you have another offer, get in touch, if not i would wait.

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I disagree. Considering a lot of ppl might be going on vacation soon and then you won't hear for a long time, I'd reach out in a friendly and concise email for an update. Perhaps throw in a happy holidays in there.

Return to “Legal Employment”