Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Did it make you feel like the firm really values you as a human being?

Yes, I think they really care about me personally.
35
42%
No, I know better than to let ~$50 of stuff buy an ounce of loyalty from me.
48
58%
 
Total votes: 83

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby North » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:
nomsicles wrote:$20 *$ card from Goodwin.

Take that Cravath, you TTT!


CSM just getting shown up this year in the M&A tables, the bonuses, and the swag.


Just got another Cravath gift in the mail. 8$ gift certificate for Aldi, a pack of Newports, and a couple of scratch-off lottery tickets.

OP updated TY

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby North » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:10 pm

mmelittlechicken wrote:the cadwalader vest is amazing

Yeah I think that's the frontrunner right now. I mean, I guess I'd pick an iPod over it, but it seems more thoughtful?

Shame it can't actually be worn anywhere.

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby fats provolone » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:11 pm

I'll wear the cadwalader vest. someone send it to me

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby arklaw13 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:11 pm

And to think all I've gotten is a conflict check form...

User avatar
mmelittlechicken
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby mmelittlechicken » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:12 pm

fats provolone wrote:I'll wear the cadwalader vest to work. someone send it to me

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby fats provolone » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:13 pm

I'll wear only the cadwalader vest to work

User avatar
Single-Malt-Liquor
Posts: 1439
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Single-Malt-Liquor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:56 pm

fats provolone wrote:I'll wear only the cadwalader vest to work


Surely you'll wear some boxers at least.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:58 pm

Freshfields sent a box of brownies (the same ones Kirkland sends, I think) post-acceptance, and a nice lambswool blanket as a Thanksgiving present. No holiday swag as of now.

Image

Image

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby North » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Wow, I mean we know the English know how to be prestigious so no surprises, but that blanket looks really nice

User avatar
mmelittlechicken
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby mmelittlechicken » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:03 pm

yeah I want that blanket unironically

User avatar
FSK
Posts: 6368
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby FSK » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 pm

North wrote:Wow, I mean we know the English know how to be prestigious so no surprises, but that blanket looks really nice


They literally invented preftiege. They have a whole nonsensical monarchy to back up that claim.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:Schulte gave out a kindle


Confirmed, got mine yesterday :D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:10 am

Legit question... where is it socially acceptable to wear the Cadwalader vest? (Obviously not law school). It actually fits me really well and I did want a winter vest. Maybe I'll strategically zip it so the firm name's hidden? :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Schulte gave out a kindle


... that might have made me pick them over my firm. Damn!

911 crisis actor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby 911 crisis actor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
cookiejar1 wrote:
nomsicles wrote:$20 *$ card from Goodwin.

Take that Cravath, you TTT!


CSM just getting shown up this year in the M&A tables, the bonuses, and the swag.


Just got another Cravath gift in the mail. 8$ gift certificate for Aldi, a pack of Newports, and a couple of scratch-off lottery tickets.


They needed to match the DPW bonuses

User avatar
Actus Reus
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Actus Reus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Legit question... where is it socially acceptable to wear the Cadwalader vest? (Obviously not law school). It actually fits me really well and I did want a winter vest. Maybe I'll strategically zip it so the firm name's hidden? :P


Technically, you can wear it whenever you want. But I would recommend at home. With family. With close friends who are not law students.

Or maybe in public where nobody knows what it means and they just think it's a clothing company. The average person has no idea what a Wachtell is versus a Cravath whereas most know elite firms like Schulte

User avatar
bearsfan23
Posts: 1529
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby bearsfan23 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:10 am

Actus Reus wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Legit question... where is it socially acceptable to wear the Cadwalader vest? (Obviously not law school). It actually fits me really well and I did want a winter vest. Maybe I'll strategically zip it so the firm name's hidden? :P


Technically, you can wear it whenever you want. But I would recommend at home. With family. With close friends who are not law students.

Or maybe in public where nobody knows what it means and they just think it's a clothing company. The average person has no idea what a Wachtell is versus a Cravath whereas most know elite firms like Schulte


I highly doubt Schulte has better layperson name recognition than Cravath/Wachtell, not that it really makes any difference.

That Cadwalader vest is pretty cool though. I definitely wouldn't wear it to class or anything, but it has pockets so it seems pretty functional. Might be good for hiking or walking the dog or something like that

User avatar
First Offense
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby First Offense » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:12 am

My firm hasn't given me shit.

User avatar
Actus Reus
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Actus Reus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:26 am

bearsfan23 wrote:
Actus Reus wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Legit question... where is it socially acceptable to wear the Cadwalader vest? (Obviously not law school). It actually fits me really well and I did want a winter vest. Maybe I'll strategically zip it so the firm name's hidden? :P


Technically, you can wear it whenever you want. But I would recommend at home. With family. With close friends who are not law students.

Or maybe in public where nobody knows what it means and they just think it's a clothing company. The average person has no idea what a Wachtell is versus a Cravath whereas most know elite firms like Schulte


I highly doubt Schulte has better layperson name recognition than Cravath/Wachtell, not that it really makes any difference.

That Cadwalader vest is pretty cool though. I definitely wouldn't wear it to class or anything, but it has pockets so it seems pretty functional. Might be good for hiking or walking the dog or something like that


Ask around - you'll see the bolded is wrong.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:40 am

Winston- A tin of Garrett's Popcorn

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Can confirm the super sweet Milbank hoodie.

At least the logo isn't super in your face.

Image
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Weil - comfy fleece, logo is small and on the back.

User avatar
KD35
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby KD35 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:04 am

Latham's pack also comes with portable chargers

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby cookiejar1 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:08 am

KD35 wrote:Latham's pack also comes with portable chargers


Careful - now you no longer have the "out of battery" excuse in your arsenal.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Firm Holiday (& other post-acceptance) Swag

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Jenner post-offer: a bunch of branded chotchkies that broke in the mail. But there was a nice pen and some fancy salted chocolate fudge from a fancy chocolatier that was delicious.

Holidays: a branded fleece pullover.


Current Jenner associate. The cheap branded tchotchkes will continue through 2L, 3L, and into your first couple of years. I am not sure if they ever stop. I will leave it to you to decide if this is a pro or a con of working there.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.