SLIP finalist question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
judgefudge

SLIP finalist question

Postby judgefudge » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:38 pm

I got a phone call from someone in the commercial litigation department asking if I was still interested in the job. They then said that they would call my references and get back to me in a week or so, and they asked for my writing sample. I know it's unlikely that anybody knows the answer to this, but is this promising? Are there a lot of people who get this phone call or does this mean that they're very interested and just checking to make sure my references check out.

I know it doesn't really matter, in theory, but I'm impatient. :mrgreen:

Anonymous User

Re: SLIP finalist question

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:16 pm

It sounds like they are working the same way they processed everything originally, which is: my references told me they were contacted, and then a few days later I received the call from Commercial Lit offering me the job without an interview. I would say it's a good sign.

seizmaar

Postby seizmaar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:39 pm

certainly better than silence. good luck, little bro.

judgefudge

Postby judgefudge » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Update: Got an offer this morning! Will probably be taking it and potentially splitting with a small law firm, once they get back to me. Thanks for the responses, good luck to anyone else who applied!

seizmaar

Postby seizmaar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 pm

judgefudge wrote:Update: Got an offer this morning! Will probably be taking it and potentially splitting with a small law firm, once they get back to me. Thanks for the responses, good luck to anyone else who applied!

now that you've jumped over that hurdle, time to start prepping your honors application for 2015. congrats.

Return to “Legal Employment”