Equal Justice Works Fellowship 2015 cycle

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
akakak

Equal Justice Works Fellowship 2015 cycle

Postby akakak » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Has anyone else applied for an EJW fellowship? Anyone get an interview (or rejection) yet?

Their website says semifinalists will be contacted October-February. No word here yet. :(

mimiggg

Re: Equal Justice Works Fellowship 2015 cycle

Postby mimiggg » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 pm

No one I know who applied has heard very much, if anything. I got this email today which is the only contact I've received:

***Please note this is an automatically generated email message. If you have an interview scheduled or have interviewed already and are awaiting results, please ignore this message. It is only intended to let you know that your application is still under consideration in our system***

Thank you again for your interest in the Equal Justice Works Fellowship Program. We realize that it has been quite some time since you submitted your application and want to provide you with a brief update on the process.

We are currently still finalizing a few sponsors and their interview selections. Because your proposal evaluated very well in our review process and may fall into an area of interest to our sponsors, it remains under consideration. We will provide an update on your proposal status no later than January 30 and hope to have final decisions to all applicants by the end of February.

In the interim, please contact us immediately if you receive another offer (or if you are notified that you are no longer under consideration for another program) and would like to know the status of your proposal. We do not want an applicant jeopardizing other employment opportunities due to our selection process. By the same token, if you receive another offer and opt to accept it, please let us know immediately by emailing fellowships@equaljusticeworks.org so we can notify any sponsors considering your proposal.

We appreciate your patience as we coordinate a very complex selection process. Please know that we are working as quickly as possible to encourage our sponsors to reach final decisions while maximizing each applicant’s opportunity to pursue his or her project.

Our best regards,
The Equal Justice Works Fellowship Team

akakak

Postby akakak » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:48 pm

I got the same email today too.

"WE think your application looks great...but none of the sponsors want you yet!"

mimiggg

Postby mimiggg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:51 pm

haha exact translation

tiymay

Postby tiymay » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Received the above email awhile back. Got a rejection 2/2/15 (never offered an interview). Best of luck to all continuing in the process, and working with fellowships next year!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:01 pm

I am in the 2016 cycle, but I couldn't find a more active thread for this year. (If there is one, please point me to it). Is anyone still waiting on EJW? Or can someone from 2015 provide any insight?

I applied in September 2015 along with everyone else. Since then, I've gotten the monthly status updates beginning in December 2015 saying that I'm still being considered. The last update I received was on April 1, which said that I'd get another update by May 1. Now I know that EJW is historically slow, but the website seems to indicate that interviews conclude in April. I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I have no idea what to expect. I haven't been invited to interview, so I can't figure out why they're still holding onto my app so late in the process.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:57 pm

You didn't have to revive three threads for this. That's just weird.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am in the 2016 cycle, but I couldn't find a more active thread for this year. (If there is one, please point me to it). Is anyone still waiting on EJW? Or can someone from 2015 provide any insight?

I applied in September 2015 along with everyone else. Since then, I've gotten the monthly status updates beginning in December 2015 saying that I'm still being considered. The last update I received was on April 1, which said that I'd get another update by May 1. Now I know that EJW is historically slow, but the website seems to indicate that interviews conclude in April. I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I have no idea what to expect. I haven't been invited to interview, so I can't figure out why they're still holding onto my app so late in the process.

I think they're still looking for sponsors. I've heard of people getting interviews and offers in June.

Return to “Legal Employment”