Does no billable hours have an effect on associates?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
fats provolone

Re: Does no billable hours have an effect on associates?

Postby fats provolone » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fats provolone wrote:associates are already judged on all those factors. they're just also judged on hours. but it's not like you can excuse shitty work or miss deadlines or not respond to emails or whatever because you bill a lot of hours.

FWIW, I work at a firm that gives out above-market bonuses and I was told that I got one because of the quality AND quantity (~2,100 hours) of my work.

isn't that exactly what i said

5ky

Postby 5ky » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:07 am

fats provolone wrote:firms already do estimate costs though. it's not like clients are just like "okay start the meter and let me know how much I owe at the end!"

Yeah, this. I feel like most of my deals are either negotiated down at the end to a semi-cap or are just a straight flat fee from the start.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:24 am

Return to “Legal Employment”