Shit that I got expensed

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy
Posts: 14445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Shit that I got expensed

Postby Desert Fox » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Train tix and mileage for driving cause I woke up too late

Lunch at a wine bar that just happened to cost 50 dolllars. No alcholol I swear.


What do you got?
Last edited by Desert Fox on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Shit I got expensed

Postby fats provolone » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm

read this title much differently

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12770
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby LeDique » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:03 pm

my tls premium account

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:50 am

Great thread.

Some epic ones I remember from folks I know:

A towncar to Ithaca for interviews.

Anything in Chinatown because the receipts don't itemize or are in Chinese (massages, spas, clothes, etc.).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Great thread.

Some epic ones I remember from folks I know:

A towncar to Ithaca for interviews.

Anything in Chinatown because the receipts don't itemize or are in Chinese (massages, spas, clothes, etc.).


That must have been a great one.

I have on authority that a partner got personal door to door limo service from the office to the airport terminal less than two miles away that cost well into the thousands of dollars

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby fats provolone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:29 pm

a rave weekend in San Francisco

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:31 pm

I have a partner who goes home for the night and regularly asks for any materials he needs to review to be printed and towncar-ed to his house so he can make a markup and towncar it back to the office.

JusticeJackson
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby JusticeJackson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:50 pm

.
Last edited by JusticeJackson on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OneMoreLawHopeful
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby OneMoreLawHopeful » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Bought my girlfriend an overpriced gift box of macarons (the French ones, not the coconut ones), submitted the receipt as "dessert with lunch," got the reimbursement last week.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:36 pm

JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a partner who goes home for the night and regularly asks for any materials he needs to review to be printed and towncar-ed to his house so he can make a markup and towncar it back to the office.


Boomers are great. "acknowledging the existence of e-mail and track-changes is too complicated, it makes more sense to just spend thousands of dollars driving the documents to and from my house."

Probably the same partner that used to call me once a week and ask me to come into his office and show him how to copy and paste text again.

This shit is so prevalent. Partners will spend literally thousands of dollars and dozens of man hours to satisfy a personal preference not to read a document electronically.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:39 pm

JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Probably the same partner that used to call me once a week and ask me to come into his office and show him how to copy and paste text again.


My favorite is when I got to work late when a partner was editing a brief so I could attach the file to an email when he was completed. Literally just sat around doing a crossword for an hour getting paid.

User avatar
Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy
Posts: 14445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Desert Fox » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:40 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:
JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a partner who goes home for the night and regularly asks for any materials he needs to review to be printed and towncar-ed to his house so he can make a markup and towncar it back to the office.


Boomers are great. "acknowledging the existence of e-mail and track-changes is too complicated, it makes more sense to just spend thousands of dollars driving the documents to and from my house."

Probably the same partner that used to call me once a week and ask me to come into his office and show him how to copy and paste text again.

This shit is so prevalent. Partners will spend literally thousands of dollars and dozens of man hours to satisfy a personal preference not to read a document electronically.


The really dumb part is the firm just not giving them a laser printer + scanner for their house. Obviously the boomers are to blame, but the fucking office support/ IT people are really fucking dumb too.

User avatar
baal hadad
Posts: 3168
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby baal hadad » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Great thread.

Some epic ones I remember from folks I know:

A towncar to Ithaca for interviews.

Anything in Chinatown because the receipts don't itemize or are in Chinese (massages, spas, clothes, etc.).

What kind of massage was it

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby fats provolone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:43 pm

lol at pathern operating a printer or scanner.

User avatar
FSK
Posts: 6387
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby FSK » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:57 pm

How is the entire legal industry run by boomers still? Shit boggles the mind.

JusticeJackson
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby JusticeJackson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:04 pm

.
Last edited by JusticeJackson on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:
JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a partner who goes home for the night and regularly asks for any materials he needs to review to be printed and towncar-ed to his house so he can make a markup and towncar it back to the office.


Boomers are great. "acknowledging the existence of e-mail and track-changes is too complicated, it makes more sense to just spend thousands of dollars driving the documents to and from my house."

Probably the same partner that used to call me once a week and ask me to come into his office and show him how to copy and paste text again.

This shit is so prevalent. Partners will spend literally thousands of dollars and dozens of man hours to satisfy a personal preference not to read a document electronically.


The really dumb part is the firm just not giving them a laser printer + scanner for their house. Obviously the boomers are to blame, but the fucking office support/ IT people are really fucking dumb too.

But who would bind it and tab each document perfectly? How can anyone read more than two documents without getting confused if they aren't tabbed, ordered chronologically, and accompanied by a table of contents?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:21 am

All expenses paid trip to the Game Developers Conference in SF multiple years in a row.

911 crisis actor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby 911 crisis actor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Probably the same partner that used to call me once a week and ask me to come into his office and show him how to copy and paste text again.


My favorite is when I got to work late when a partner was editing a brief so I could attach the file to an email when he was completed. Literally just sat around doing a crossword for an hour getting paid.


You get paid by the hour?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:39 am

911 crisis actor wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
JusticeJackson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Probably the same partner that used to call me once a week and ask me to come into his office and show him how to copy and paste text again.


My favorite is when I got to work late when a partner was editing a brief so I could attach the file to an email when he was completed. Literally just sat around doing a crossword for an hour getting paid.


You get paid by the hour?


During a summer clerkship at a smaller firm.

911 crisis actor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby 911 crisis actor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Cheers bro. Glad to hear you weren't spending an hour doing a crossword in your partner's sex dungeon to bill .1 for attaching a file

Anonymous User
Posts: 273566
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:12 pm

911 crisis actor wrote:Cheers bro. Glad to hear you weren't spending an hour doing a crossword in your partner's sex dungeon to bill .1 for attaching a file


Should be billing every second you're in the office after 5:30 pm.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
911 crisis actor wrote:Cheers bro. Glad to hear you weren't spending an hour doing a crossword in your partner's sex dungeon to bill .1 for attaching a file


Should be billing every second you're in the office after 5:30 pm.

Cool idea, I'll float it.

User avatar
Desert Fox
Progressively loosing literacy
Posts: 14445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Shit that I got expensed

Postby Desert Fox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:33 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
911 crisis actor wrote:Cheers bro. Glad to hear you weren't spending an hour doing a crossword in your partner's sex dungeon to bill .1 for attaching a file


Should be billing every second you're in the office after 5:30 pm.

Cool idea, I'll float it.


u dont float it, you just do it




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.