3l with bad grades, do i have a chance at magistrate judge? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3l with bad grades, do i have a chance at magistrate judge?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:18 am

So i go to a T2, have bad grades(although, for what it counts, i add an addendum to my shit GPA explaining that I didnt receive testing accomodations for a documented disability till second half of 2L) but good work experiences, mostly with judges. Is it too late to hustle for a magistrate judge position? People who have looked at my resume say it is strong especially with getting positions with a judge. I've been focusing mostly on state (NY) positions, but could a federal judge take a liking to me and give me a shot?

michael2015

New

Re: 3l with bad grades, do i have a chance at magistrate judge?

Post by michael2015 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 am

1. Wrong Forum

2. Doesn't it sound odd..."I would like to work for you, I am very qualified, except I need disability accommodations to do well....but I didn't push to get them for almost 2 years .... I swear they won't affect my work for you...."

Anonymous User

Re: 3l with bad grades, do i have a chance at magistrate judge?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 am

yup, sorry. can a mod move this thread? I guess it does sound odd, and I was pretty dumb for not asking them. It was peer pressure, I guess, to not deal with "where were you during the exam"? type stuff.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”